Venture Technology Group Pty Ltd (ABN 73 618 488 645) and its related companies (together we, us, our and other similar expressions) are committed to protecting your personal privacy.
We encourage you to read this policy carefully so that you understand how we deal with that information.
Information we collect
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about them. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services to you, and you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
The type of information we collect includes names, addresses, email addresses (and other contact details), citizenship status, employment details, bank details, tax file number and passport numbers. We may also collect and hold information regarding your qualifications, trade references, opinions about your performance and behaviour, and other information obtained or received by us in connection with our services.
It may also be necessary for us to collect and use ‘sensitive information’ about you, including any memberships of trade unions or other professional associations and your criminal and health records. However, where we are required to and able to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting your sensitive information and let you know the purpose at the same time.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect your personal information from you. For example, we may collect information from you when you provide us with information, whether in person, by telephone, online or in writing, during a recruitment process with one of our clients.
However, we may also collect personal information about you through our own research or from someone other than you (for example from any other organisation with which you have had dealings or which you have nominated to act as trade referee or from publicly maintained records).
If the GDPR applies to our processing of your personal information, we will only process your personal information where it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests (in providing our executive search services to our clients) or where you have provided your consent.
Where you have provided your consent to our processing of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time – this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal information before withdrawal of your consent.
How we store personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Access to personal information is limited to our employees who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
We will hold your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services and keep necessary records relating to the provision of our services. When we determine your personal information is no longer needed for those purposes, we will delete your personal information.
Purpose of collection
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so we can:
- meet our legal obligations;
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- verify your identity;
- undertake criminal reference and other background checks;
- assess your work performance and determine your suitability for a role;
- provide our products and services or other benefits to you;
- communicate with you;
- inform you of any initiatives or job opportunities we think may be of interest to you;
- inform you about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services;
- provide you with information about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- carry out billing and debt recovery activities;
- carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
- recover monies owing to us from time to time;
and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors that help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our information technology providers, providers of marketing and promotional services, professional advisers such as legal practitioners and accountants, debt collectors and insurers.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the disclosure is to a related entity; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
In some cases, we may disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia.
We may use personal information to advise you of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
If you prefer not to receive information about our products and services, you can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or services to you, unless you have expressly consented to that disclosure.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
If the GDPR applies to our processing of your personal information, you have specific access rights – discussed further below under the heading ‘Specific rights under GDPR’.
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- the access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency,
we may deny your request for access (but only where it is lawful to do so, including under GDPR).
If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why.
Quality and correction
We always try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know.
If the GDPR applies to our processing of your personal information, you have specific rectification rights – discussed further below under the heading ‘Specific rights under GDPR’.
We will use all reasonable efforts to correct or complete the information in a timely manner.
Website and cookies
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We do not use this technology to access your personal information in our records and you cannot be personally identified from a cookie.
Changes to this policy
As our business evolves, our business processes and policies will be reviewed and may be amended. We may change this policy at any time. We will notify you of any change by posting an updated version of the policy on our website. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to check our website and make sure you keep up-to-date with any changes to this policy.
Specific rights under GDPR
If the GDPR applies to our processing of your personal information, you have the following specific rights:
- the right to access – you have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold;
- the right to rectification – you have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is incomplete or inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
- the right to erasure – you have the right to request that we erase your personal information, subject to the conditions and exceptions set out in the GDPR;
- the right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, subject to the conditions and exceptions set out in the GDPR;
- the right to object processing – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, subject to the conditions and exceptions set out in the GDPR; and
- the right to data portability – you have the right to request that we transfer your personal information to another organisation, or directly to you, subject to the conditions and exceptions set out in the GDPR.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that your personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy (or the GDPR, where it applies), please contact us at the contact details listed below so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
If the GDPR applies, you can also make a complaint to the European Data Protection Supervisor at https://edps.europa.eu/.
If you require more detailed information about how we deal with personal information or if you have any concerns about how we have dealt with your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at:
Venture Technology Group Pty Ltd
We will aim to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.